Monday, May 17, 2010

Review: Hush, Hush

Becca Fitzpatrick
Hardcover, 400 pages
Simon & Schuster
October 13, 2009


"The more time I spent with him, the more I knew the feelings weren't going away."

For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch came along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment. But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life. (Borders.com)

********

OK I fell in love with Hush, Hush. This book was everything I wanted and more. The friendship between Nora and Vee reminded me of my best friend and I so much. Fitzpatrick nailed the relationship between teenage girls to a tee. They were incredibly likable and the chemistry between the two of them made me instantly love them both. I can look at my younger sister and see similarities when they are laughing and playing around.

The character of Patch surprised me the most. At first I really didn't like him. His cockiness and not caring attitude through me off a bit, but by the middle of the book he really grew on me and I must admit I had a little thing for him. I really like the fact that he is not afraid to tell it like it is, Which he makes very clear to Nora in the beginning when he makes his feelings know to her. He is arrogant and pushy, he doesn't care about fitting in or making too many friends. The only thing he seems to hide is his past and that's only because he is waiting for Nora to be calm and collected and not because he wants to protect her. I love the way he always seems so mysterious and sexy. Patch is one of those characters that you will really like. Nora is unlike other heroines in YA books these days. She can stand up for her self and doesn't need a man to take care of her...well most of the time.

On her own most of the time, Nora is forced to make it on her own, She is thrown in to things unexpectedly and deals with it rather well. I really like the way that Nora isn't the one with the beginning crush. She is perused by Patch and I really like that the tables are turned.

 Becca Fitzpatrick did a magnificent job on this book and I can not wait for the sequel. This is an action packed, funny, sexy, edge of your seat, cant put it down book that has become one of my favorites. I will be revisiting Nora and Patch many times in the future. An easy 5+ Hoot book, Hush, Hush is one of my top books of 2010!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think!!!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Irene Alexeeva's All Unique Things Kit