Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Review: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Stephenie Meyer
Hardcover, 192 pages
Little, Brown Books
June 05, 2010


" Ugh, the burn in my throat was impossible! I tried not to think about washing it away with her blood, but the wind was blowing her smell right in my face! It was too late to keep my head-I had scented the prey, I was hunting, and nothing could change that now." 

In another irresistible combination of danger, mystery and romance, Stephenie Meyer tells the devastating story of the newborn army as they prepare to close in on Bella Swan and the Cullens, following their encounter to its unforgettable conclusion. Bree Tanner can barely remember life before she had uncannily powerful senses, superhuman reflexes and unstoppable physical strength. Life before she had a relentless thirst for blood... life before she became a vampire. All Bree knows is that living with her fellow newborns has few certainties and even fewer rules: watch your back, don't draw attention to yourself and, above all, make it home by sunrise or die. What she doesn't know: her time as an immortal is quickly running out. Then Bree finds an unexpected friend in Diego, a newborn just as curious as Bree about their mysterious creator, whom they know only as "her". As they come to realize that the newborns are pawns in a game larger than anything they could have imagines, Bree and Diego must choose sides and decide whom to trust. But when everything you know about vampires is based on a lie, how do you find the truth?

****************




I absolutely love the Twilight Saga, so when I heard Stephenie Meyer had decided to write it I was thrilled. I really never gave much thought to Bree Tanner or the newborns, so naturally I was surprised this was the direction she went in. Going into a book when you already know the ending is a bit different and I wondered if it would keep me interested like a regular book would.

Boy was I wrong. I enjoyed this book very much, I really love the way I found out new things that influenced the series and the mindset of the newborns. There life as a newborn was so hostile and confusing I really felt bad for them. Bree was a great character, I really wish she had got the opportunity to live. She was such a strong and smart girl who tried to keep to her self for her own safety. She saw things and was able to see things different from others.

 When Bree meets Diego she is very wiry of him, she doesn't really know how to react. As the story progresses they try to uncover the secrets of their existence and discover the lies they have been told.

I really lived this book and the way it gave some in site to a few unknown questions I had. I recommend this to all the Twilight fans...It's a great addition to the series. Naturally as a huge Twilight and Stephenie Meyer fan this book is high up on my "Great Book's" list. So it gets a 5 Hoots from me!

2 comments:

Bookingly Yours said...

i didn't know Meyer have this book . . . hmmm trying to recall Bree. . .

Steph said...

She was one of the newborns. the one who the voltori killed in the clearing...its good

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think!!!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Irene Alexeeva's All Unique Things Kit