Marianne de Pierres
2) What was the inspiration for writing Burn Bright?
5) What was your inspiration in the cover art for Burn Bright?
That was my publisher’s inspiration. We knew we wanted something really special, and someone at Random House had see Jaroslaw Kubicki’s work. Once you’ve read the book you’ll understand that it’s a perfect fit. I think he is an inspirational artist.
6) Do you plan to have Burn Bright as a stand alone novel or part of a series?
It’s part of a series called The Night Creatures trilogy. Book two, Angel Arias, will be out later this year. And book three, Blaze Dark, will be available next year.
7) Do you write to music? If so, what is your favorite?
Funnily enough, I can’t. I love music too much and find it too distracting while I write. However I listened to Yunyu’s song (http://www.burnbright.com.au/the-music/) so many times during the time I was writing Burn Bright, that I think of that as my soundtrack.
8) What do you plan on doing in the future?
9) What are you reading right now?
I’m reading a lot of crime novels at the moment. It seems to suit my mood.
10) Who are a few of your favorite authors?
In YA: Melissa Marr and Isobelle Carmody.
In SF: Ian McDonald, Jon Courtenay Grimwood and Nancy Kress
In Crime: Stuart MacBride and Michael Connelly
Where to find Marianne: