Thursday, March 29, 2012

Review: Intangible by J. Meyers

J. Meyers
Paperback, 318 pages
January 31, 2012

"Shall she be the first to die, Seer?
Yes, I think so. Her healing makes her the more dangerous."

Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it.


*************
Intangible is a unique story filled with a mix of mythical creatures, their secret world called the Relm and twins Sera and Luke who have no idea any of it exists. 


Meyers created a very unique world where all sorts of fairy tale creatures lurk in the shadows. Intangible had a good plot with good twists and turns and plenty of likable characters. I really enjoyed the mix of mythology in this book. Meyers was able to add different aspects of a fairy tale world without it becoming too overwhelming.


I enjoyed the characters in Intangible. Sera and Luke's relationship was strong and I felt they were genuine. They looked out for each other and were a team. Each one would do anything to protect the other and at times jumped into trouble to do so. I also enjoyed Fey ( Luke and Sera's best friend) She was a likable character although I wish she had a bit more of a story in the book. She kind of took a back seat and I would have liked to know a bit more about her. I also really liked Jonas. He was a very mysterious character, but was also very real. He knew when things were right and he stood up for what he believed in. 
I however did not like Marc ( Sera's love interest.) He was always a bit sketchie and had way to many ulterior motives. He was just untrustworthy to me and I really didn't like him. 


All in all Intangible was a good light read. It was not to fast paced and did read a bit slow at times, but still kept me intrigued.  The dialogue felt a bit forced at times, like the use of words like "crass" by a group of teenagers. But beyond those minor things I really enjoyed Intangible and feel it was a fun read. I give Intangible 4 Hoots. I am looking forward to finding out what happens next.   
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Irene Alexeeva's All Unique Things Kit