Step into Shadow Falls, a camp for teens with supernatural powers. Here friendship thrives, love takes you by surprise, and our hearts possess the greatest magic of all.
Kylie Galen wants the truth so badly she can taste it. The truth about who her real family is, the truth about which boy she’s meant to be with—and the truth about what her emerging powers mean. But she’s about to discover that some secrets can change your life forever…and not always for the better.
Just when she and Lucas are finally getting close, she learns that his pack has forbidden them from being together. Was it a mistake to pick him over Derek? And it’s not just romance troubling Kylie. An amnesia-stricken ghost is haunting her, delivering the frightful warning, someone lives and someone dies. As Kylie races to unravel the mystery and protect those she loves, she finally unlocks the truth about her supernatural identity, which is far different—and more astonishing—than she ever could have imagined.
Thirteen Things You’ll Learn From Taken at Dusk
1. The only thing worse than trying to help a woman with amnesia remember her name and life is trying to help a dead woman with amnesia remember hers.
2. Be careful what you wish for—you might just get it . . . and the reality will probably not be anything like the fantasy.
3. The person you think is your enemy could just turn into a friend who'll do anything to save you.
4. The scariest thing in the world isn't ghosts or rogue vampires bent on murder—it's falling in love.
5. Explaining why you have a skunk curled up in your arms to your mom and your old best friend is as easy as eating a brownie while brushing your teeth.
6. We all make mistakes, which is why it's so important to practice forgiveness.
7. The only thing worse than a pissed-off shapeshifter is a pissed-off shapeshifter in love.
8. Sometimes the earth really does have to open up and swallow you whole before you can accept the truth that's right in front of you.
9. Vampires have no sense of humor . . . especially when they get turned into a kangaroo.
10. Free will gives us choices, but even making the right choices can't change destiny . . . and learning to accept that can be the most painful lesson of all.
11. People aren’t always who they say they are, even if you really want them to be.
12. Sometimes when you try to save someone, they end up saving you instead.
13. Never get between a dragon and a warlock on the war path.
Q & A with CC Hunter
W1) What is your favorite quote from Taken at Dusk?
That’s so hard. Here are two that I like:
A.“There are no guarantees. Not with love or with life. But we can’t go through life never taking a risk.”
B. “Mistakes. People make them. And most of the time, they have to pay for them.”
2) 2) Who has been your favorite character in the Shadow Falls series?
That one is impossible. It’s like asking a mother which of her children is her favorite? I’m probably closer to Kylie because the book is mostly about her journey. However, some of my favorite scenes are those with Perry. He’s such a fun character. He makes me laugh, and he makes want to make sure he gets his own happy ending with Miranda. I just hope Miranda will be up for it.
3) If you could choose, what type of paranormal creature would you be?
It would cool to fly like a vampire, but I wouldn’t like the diet. So I think I would like to be a witch or fae. Then again, what Kylie turns out to be is probably the best of all possible supernaturals. And no, I can’t tell you what it is. LOL.
4) Whispers at Moonrise is the forth book in the Shadow Falls series, do you plan to take the series further? If so, whats next?
Yes, there will be a total of five books in the series. My editor and I haven’t talked too much about the title yet, but I think it will have “Sunrise” in it. I’ve also suggested that for the cover, we do an image of Kylie by the Texas Gulf Coast with the sunrise reflecting off the ocean. We’ll see if they go with my idea.
In the last book, Kylie’s journey and quest is complete. She understands who she is, what she is, and finally knows who she is meant to love. There will a big surprise at the end, too. One even Kylie wasn’t expecting.
5) When Shadow Falls is finished, do you plan to continue writing? Any ideas on what you want to write about after?
Oh, yes, I will definitely continue writing. That’s almost like asking me if I plan to continue breathing. Writing is really a part of who I am. I’ve already pitched a new series to my editor ,and she really liked the idea. It will have a paranormal theme, but different in that it won’t be about your typical supernatural characters. While I’m looking forward to starting it, I’m also a little sad about saying goodbye to all my Shadow Falls characters.
Win a copy of Taken at Dusk
a Rafflecopter giveaway