Thursday, July 8, 2010

Review: The Reconing

Kelley Armstrong
Hardcover, 400 pages
HarperCollins Publishers
April 06, 2010


"So I was right, wasn't I? It's still you, even in wolf form.' He grunted. 'No sudden uncontrollable urges to go kill something?' He rolled his eyes. 'Hey, you're the one who was worried.' I paused. 'And I don't smell like dinner, right?' I got a real look for that one. 'Just covering all the bases."

Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now, along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I’m on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We’re hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We’ll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we’d left behind and to take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope. (goodreads.com)

*********


Chloe and her friends have just escaped yet another attack and finally they have met up with Andrew, An adult supernatural who is part of a group who monitors the Edison Group. Hopefully with their help Chloe and the others can rescue their loved ones and save their selves.

The last book in the trilogy was amazing. I sacrificed my night of sleep for this one and it was well worth it. Throughout the whole trilogy we learn of the struggles of genetically altered supernaturals and their fight for freedom.

I really loved watching these characters grow. Tori a witch with a temper, she is learning to control her powers and her personality. She starts to put down her walls and let Chloe in. I was surprised to see how much I likes Tori in the end, she did a full circle and it was nice to have that twist. I guess it teaches us not to take first impressions to seriously. Simon a sorcerer who would be relatively normal under different circumstances. Him and Chloe are getting close but Chloe and Derek's new found friendship may be a problem. Derek the Werewolf, who elected himself the protector of the group. Making sure everyone else is safe, while struggling with his own problems. Mainly becoming a werewolf. Chloe who has taking the role of helping him through his change, and through that a friendship grows. They have learned that they need each other to help through there changes. Chloe a very powerful necromancer, able to raise and control the dead with very little effort at all...sometimes without even knowing. She has to deal with escaping the Edison group, helping a werewolf in need, a relationship with Simon and keeping her new found powers under control.

Overall This Trilogy was great.  A great 5+ Hoot book. It kept me on my toes, second guessing everything I thought I knew. I laughed out loud a lot, I gasped and was blindsided quite a bit. Not many books have done that for me, so when I found one like the Dark Powers Trilogy I wan to tell everyone. Read This Trilogy...You won't regret it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think!!!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Irene Alexeeva's All Unique Things Kit