Thursday, September 30, 2010

Review: Awakened by Ednah Walters

Ednah Walters Paperback, 272 pages Published August 22nd 2010 Pill Hill Press

" I'm a Guardian, not a Hermonite, or a nature-bender,
or a light bearer. No matter where I live, I'll always be a Guardian"
Most teens turn sixteen and get the license to drive, Lil Falcon gets the license to kill demons, but no one told her she is not supposed to fall in love with one. Orphaned as a child and raised by an eccentric grandfather, Lil is concerned with surviving high school and is unaware she's a Guardian—a being with super powers charged with killing demons and protecting humanity. But when she meets Bran, a mysterious boy with amazing abilities, his psi energy unlocks her latent powers. But Bran has a secret that can destroy their growing relationship. He's part demon. But in her heart, Lil knows Bran is not evil. So when her grandfather is kidnapped by a powerful nature-bender and Bran is the only one who knows where he's being kept, Lil convinces the other Guardians to trust him, not knowing her grandfather is just the bait. And the truth that she discovers in the demonic enclave may just destroy everything she believes in, unless she makes the right choice—love and sacrifice. ( Goodreads.com)
*************************
First of all, let me start off by saying WOW... I loved this book. From the very first page I was sucked in and not let go until the very last page.
The Awakening is a fast pace page turner that had me guessing until the very end. With many unexpected twists that had me gasping and extremely surprised.
Lil has just turned 16 and is just coming in to her powers. If she wasn't enough of an outcast, Lil now thinks she is a freak. But maybe this new found birthright isn't such a bad thing. She joins 4 other trainees and is finally starting to fit in.
Lil is such a strong character. She has her own style and is not afraid of turning heads or saying whats on her mind. You could call her sassy, but she is always there to protect the ones she cares most about. Now as a Guardian Lil has powers even she can't explain. As she learns to control them, she grows stronger and into her own. With a deep love for her Grandfather and a very strong bond to a boy who is looking for her help, Lil is thrust into a world she never knew existed.
Awakened has such a wonderful cast of characters. Bran the sexy, half demon is both an extremely likable character and has such a great personality. He is funny and a bit cocky. I really loved the way he got into Lil's head and had her head tied in knots.
The trainees were also great characters, each had such a likable personality and each had there own little story that made them so much more then supporting characters.
Ednah had such an amazing way of writing details that I felt as if I was in the story instead of reading it. I could picture every little detail that was happening and it just made the story that much better.
Overall I give it 5 Hoots! Awakened is an amazing read and I can not wait for the second book in the series Betrayed. This book has it all, action, adventure, romance and many unexpected twists and turns. If you haven't read it yet... What are you waiting for!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH - it's soo awesome huh?!?! :) I totally agree :D

Ellz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellz said...

I am working on my review. I LOVED this book too. I can't wait for the second installment.

Kristina Barnes♥ said...

I wanted to read this book ever since I first saw it! I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet, but your review kind of made me want to! xD I love books that have unexpected twists, and lots of details. I've been reading a couple of detail-lacking books lately, so I really wanna check this one out! :P

Also, I awarded you the Life is Good award! :) Stop by and pick up your award! <3

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think!!!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Irene Alexeeva's All Unique Things Kit