Friday, February 10, 2012

Catching Fire By, Suzanne Collins

Suzanne Collins
Hardcover, 391 pages
Scholastic inc.
September 1, 2009

“I wish I could freeze this moment, right here, right now and live in it forever.” 

Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster children for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol...




************


Catching Fire, The second installment in The Hunger Games left me breathless.  I thought to myself
 "There is no way this book can be better then The Hunger Games!" Well I was wrong. I, in a way felt lucky I waited so long to read this series because I didn't have to suffer through the wait between books... That must have been torture. I barely made it across the room to my book shelf for this book. I could not imagine waiting almost a year. Wow.. that probable sucked. 


Once again Suzanne Collins has created a world that has sucked me in. I have found myself reliving every frightening image on a daily basis.  I tore through the pages of this book in record time. Not caring if my laundry got done or if I ate dinner. I can say with absolutely certainty that I am completely obsessed with these books! 


The characters are ever bit as strong and now that Kitness and Peeta are home we are able to get to know all the people they left behind in District 12. Prim is one of my favorite characters. She reminds me so much of my little sister and her relationship with Kitness is one near and dear to my heart. She is so lovable and I adore every moment with her. Then there is Gale. Boy do I love Gale. Which is hard because I also happen to love Peeta. Collins did what many authors fail to do; give you a love triangle that is totally believable. In so many instances you tend to lean to one side or the other. But with Gale and 
Peeta my heart is completely ripped in half. I never knew which to root for because I loved them both. Both have great qualities and I can see Kitness's struggles. 
I also loved the introduction of a few new characters Finnick being my favorite. I really loved his so called charm. He really grew on me and I loved his humor. 


Catching Fire Put me through things that I never saw coming and at times made me want to through my book across the room because I could not believe what was happening. This book made me cry on a number of occasions. If I could add up all my Hoots for this rating I would. But  5+ Hoots will have to do. I can not stress to you the magnitude of this book and how much I loved it. I literally feel like a screaming school girl every time some one brings it up. if you have not read this series yet, I literally want to smack some scene in to you and scream "Wake Up, What are you waiting for!?!"  Go get it now!! It will change your life!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Irene Alexeeva's All Unique Things Kit