Monday, April 9, 2012

Review: ReVamped by Ada Adams

Ada Adams
Paperback, 300 pages
February 20, 2012


I was falling for the one guy in the world I had never 
expected to fall for... And I was falling hard.


A simple mission turned deadly. 

Nineteen-year-old vampire Dawn has led a sheltered life within the confines of her father’s presidential headquarters. Upon being sent on a mission to revamp four goofy misfits into guardians of a peaceful little town of Angel Creek, Dawn believes that all her dreams have finally come true. What starts off as a simple task, turns into something unexpected, changing Dawn’s life forever and leading the action-loving, thrill-seeking vampire teen on a path of mystery, danger and intrigue. 

When a human girl is kidnapped by a group of rogue vamps, Dawn discovers that there is more going on in Angel Creek than meets the eye. And it all connects to Ethan, the cute newcomer who seems too perfect to be true, Sebastian, the mysterious vampire with a turbulent past, and even Dawn herself. Dawn must not only succeed in revamping the troubled recruits, but must also prevent the vampire race from being overtaken by a malevolent villain who has a strange and obsessive fascination with her. As threat escalates, romance blooms, and ghosts from her past begin to surface, Dawn is sure of only one thing: her life will never be the same.
******************
ReVamped is a new and fresh take on the world of Vampires... I loved it!

Adams created a wonderful world of  Vampires that have come out of the coffin. They are now famous and treated like celebrities. ReVamped reminded me a bit of the Sookie Stackhouse books, but for Young Adults! It was a very light read. I was able to finish it in one sitting. The idea that Dawn ( The main character) must go to the small town of Angel Creek to "ReVamp" The new Vampire protectors of the town is a very fun and original idea. I really enjoyed the way Dawn had to take a bunch of Vampires that were lacking in skill and turn them into protectors. She really had a tough time getting them to work together and it was quite humorous.

The Characters in ReVamped were all very different. I really enjoyed reading from Dawn's POV. She was a strong Vampire who could kick some major butt, but was also very sheltered and naive in the way of the world... and boys. I also really likes Sebastian and Ethan, Dawn's two love interests. They both seen to be genuine characters and I look forward to reading more about them both. The 4 new Vampire recruits were a bit less likable. I do wish they had a bit more character building in the book but I did enjoy the way they grew in the story. Except for Brooke, I didn't like her. She seemed too fake and her character was a bit overdone in the stereotypical scene. 

Overall I give ReVamped 4 Hoots! I really enjoyed Dawn's story. I wish there was a bit more details added in and at times the book seemed a bit ruched especially during the climax of the story. All in all ReVamped was a great debut book and I look forward to the next book in the Angel Creek series! 
 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Irene Alexeeva's All Unique Things Kit