Monday, August 23, 2010

55 Quirky Questions for Readers!

This is a fun little questionnaire created by The Literary Lollipop 1. Favorite childhood book: A Fly Went By by Mike McClintock,Fitz Siebel

2. What are you reading right now? Siren by Tricia Rayburn

3. What books do you have on request at the library? None, I don't go to the library.

4. Bad book habit: Don't really have one, I keep my books looking like new.

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? None

6. Do you have an e-reader? Not yet but I am thinking of going with the Nook.

7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? One at a time. I like to focus on 1 story at a time.

8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? Not really.

9.Least favourite book you read this year: All the books I have read this year have been really great.

10. Favorite book I’ve read this year: The Reckoning by, Kelley Armstrong .

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? Only when asked.

12. What is your reading comfort zone? YA Fantasy

13. Can you read on the bus? I can read in a car, so I assume I also can on a bus. I haven't been on a bus in a long time.

14. Favourite place to read: In Bed.

15. What’s your policy on book lending? Don't do it. My Books are very special and I keep them in perfect condition...So I don't typically give them to anyone.

16. Do you dog ear your books? Nope.

17. Do you write notes in the margins of your books? No way.

18. Do you break/crack the spine of your books? Absolutely not.

19. What is your favourite language to read? English... It's the only one I know.

20. What makes you love a book? That I can get lost in a story... Its like a mini vacation.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? If it has strong characters and a good plot.

22. Favourite genre: YA science-fiction/ fantasy and Classics.

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did): Ancient History

24. Favourite Biography: Oddly enough, I really liked Jack the Ripper.

25. Have you ever read a self-help book? (And, was it actually helpful?) I had to read 7 habits of highly effective teens and no it was not that helpful.

26. Favourite Cookbook: Have never read one... Which is funny because I want to be a Chef...lol I Google everything!

27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction): Before I Fall by, Lauren Oliver.

28. Favourite reading snack: I don't like to eat and read...It gets messy.

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience: I don't buy into all the hype, If I like a book, I like it. It really doesn't matter much what others think.

30 How often do you agree with the critics about about a book? Depends on who the critic is.

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I try to be honest, without being malicious. I would never want to discourage someone to read a book. I just give my opinion on what I personally thought.

32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose? Ancient Egyptian.

33. Most intimidating book I’ve read: Wuthering Heights

34. Most intimidating book I’m too nervous to begin: Ha, books don't make me nervous.

35. Favourite Poet: Edgar Allen Poe & William B. Yeats

36. How many books do you usually have checked out from the library at any given time? Zero.

37. How often do you return books to the library unread? Never

38. Favourite fictional character: Ian from The Host

39. Favourite fictional villain: Valentine from the Mortal Instrument Series

40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation: Whatever I am reading at the time.

41. The longest I’ve gone without reading: A week...maybe.

42. Name a book you could/would not finish: I always finish...even when I don't want to.

43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? Having to pee...lol

44. Favourite film adaptation of a novel: Well I must go with Twilight..hehe

45. Most disappointing film adaptation: Cirque Du Freak... It didn't follow the book at all.

46. Most money I’ve ever spent in a bookstore at one time: lol...Please don't make me say it out loud... All I am going to say was it was in the triple digits.

47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? Never, I get scared I will see something to give something away.

48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through? Nothing.

49. Do you like to keep your books organized? Yes I do.

50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once they’ve been read? I keep them...Always.

51. Are there any books that you’ve been avoiding? I haven't read The Hunger Games yet...I know, I know. I will.

52. Name a book that made you angry: Not really.

53. A book I didn’t expect to like but did: Flowers in the Attic

54. A book I expected to like but didn’t: The Devouring

55. Favorite guilt-free guilty pleasure reading: Twilight, It will always be one of my all time favorites. Want to take the quiz? Go ahead and post the questionnaire on your blog! This is all in good fun, but I’m always curious to hear about the quirks and habits of other readers! Photobucket

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow what a great set of questions and a tough set as well. I also do not go to the library much although at one time I did. The condition of the books there always makes me sad.
Question 43 for me would be that there are times I am into a book that my husband decides he wants to talk about his day. I could spend hours with him and no real conversation, but pick up a book and really want to get into it, and then he wants to chat. Cute but sometimes annoying.
Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

That's dedication to never stop reading a book - I love reading but there are several books I just couldn't finish!

I am now going to do this questionnaire *is a sucker for questionnares* XD

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think!!!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Irene Alexeeva's All Unique Things Kit