Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"DO" Judge a Book by It's Cover!! (2)

"Do" judge a book by its cover is a weekly meme hosted here. Have you ever picked up a book because of its cover? Of coarse you have. Well here we get to look at some of the outstanding covers that are around! To participate, just link back here and grab the pic, and let everyone know what your favorite cover of the week is!
This weeks cover is:

Photobucket

Sixteen-year-old Yara Silva has always known that ghosts walk alongside the living. Her grandma, like the other females in her family, is a Waker, someone who can see and communicate with ghosts. Yara grew up watching her grandmother taunted and scorned for this unusual ability and doesn't want that to be her future. She has been dreading the day when she too would see ghosts, and is relieved that the usually dominant Waker gene seems to have skipped her, letting her live a normal teenage life. However, all that changes for Yara on her first day at her elite boarding school when she discovers the gene was only lying dormant. She witnesses a dark mist attack Brent, a handsome fellow student, and rushes to his rescue. Her act of heroism draws the mist's attention, and the dark spirit begins stalking her. Yara finds herself entrenched in a sixty-year-old curse that haunts the school, threatening not only her life, but the lives of her closest friends as well. Yara soon realizes that the past she was trying to put behind her isn't going to go quietly. (goodreads.com)

My Thoughts:

I think this is a great cover. It is wistful and makes me immediately want to read it. I love that the girl is under water. It looks like she is floating and dancing all at the same time. I also really like the color pallet, all the different shades of blue make it look eerie.

That's my cover of the week. Whats yours?

Photobucket

7 comments:

Sharde(Shar-day) said...

This is a beautiful cover. Reminds me of A Blue so Dark with the underwater theme.

But my favorite cover thus far has to be Paranormalcy.

Sharde

Steph said...

That one is really pretty too. Can't wait to read it.

Natalie said...

Gorgeous cover! The description sounds interesting as well. I think I'll have to add this one to TBR.

Anonymous said...

That cover is gorgeous! I would definitely read that book just by it's cover :)

And just curious since this is a meme that means others can post about it, right?

Tahlia said...

Yep. I'd pick this one up for sure. I hope that when my YA fantasy novel, Lethal Inheritance' is published that I can find the right artist to do a great cover. They can say so much about the book.

Steph said...

They really can. I really like simplicity in a cover. Less is more, with a really bold title!

Eloise said...

So gorgeous! I want to read it just because of how pretty it is!!! <3

Post a Comment

Love to know what you think!!!

 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Irene Alexeeva's All Unique Things Kit