Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Review: Silence By, Becca Fitzpatrick

Becca Fitzpatrick
Hardcover, 438 Pages
Simon & Schuster
October 4, 2011


“I love you.” His voice was straightforward, affectionate. “You make me remember who I used to be. You make me want to be that man again. Right now, holding you, I feel like we have a shot at beating all odds and making it together. I’m yours, if you’ll have me.” 


The noise between Patch and Nora is gone. They've overcome the secrets riddled in Patch's dark past...bridged two irreconcilable worlds...faced heart-wrenching tests of betrayal, loyalty and trust...and all for a love that will transcend the boundary between heaven and earth. Armed with nothing but their absolute faith in one another, Patch and Nora enter a desperate fight to stop a villain who holds the power to shatter everything they've worked for--and their love--forever.


************************


Silence the third installment in the Hush, Hush series started off with a bang. Nora is dropped of in a cemetery with no memory of how she got there, or the last 5 months for that matter. She learns that she had been missing and has no idea where she was or who she was with. As Nora tries to reclaim her life she feels that she is being lied to. Things just aren't adding up and its up to her to figure them out.


As Nora goes in search of her memories she learns that everyone has been lying to her. Vee is keeping important information from her and it is wedging a gap in there friendship. Her mom is lying to her and on top of that she is dating her worst enemy, Marcie Miller's dad. And Hank Miller is not on Nora's good list. He seriously creeps her out. His overprotective dad act isn't fooling her. As Nora regains her memories, she comes to realize that things are missing and life around her is not as it seems.


I really enjoyed Silence. I really liked Nora's search for her memories. At times I wanted to scream at her and wanted her to get those  memories back, But the journey there was very exciting. Nora runs into all types of trouble on her quest to find out the truth. A group of super-human thugs who can do things she cant explain and a mysterious guy named Jeb who saves her life and makes her feel things her shouldn't be feeling about a complete stranger. Scott is also back and he has brought a lot of trouble with him. He is one of the few things Nora can remember and he helps her on her way to the truth.


All in all Silence was a fast pace read and I very much enjoyed reading it. I give Silence 5 Hoots. Getting through the unknown with Nora was very fun and figuring out that was going to happen when she finally figured out the truth was even better. I urge you to pick up this series and dive in. The Hush, Hush series is by far one of my favorites and I can not wait for the forth book Finale coming out October 13, 2012. 





 
Blog designed by Dreamy Blog Designs using Irene Alexeeva's All Unique Things Kit